73 questions with... tyra
One of my favourite pieces of online content is Vogue's 73 Questions series where an unseen interviewer asks celebrities 73 questions about themselves.
In that vain, I thought I'd answer 73 questions about myself so you can know a bit more about me.
And no this is not business related by I thought we could have some fun on today's post.
So without further ado, here are 73 questions answered by me!
1. What’s your favorite time of day? In the evening when I’m winding down before sleep.
2. What’s your biggest weakness? I have unreasonable expectations for myself so can be harsh on myself.
3. What’s your biggest strength? I would consider myself pretty resilient and I think I have great vision.
4. What’s the biggest learning experience you’ve had? I’m still learning it but to block the outside noise and trust my own opinions and ideas.
5. What’s your idea of a perfect date? April 25th. Not too hot, not too cold.
6. What’s one vice you wish you could give up? Going on my phone when I wake up.
7. What’s a cause that is important to you? Black Minds Matter
8. What’s the best compliment you’ve ever received? I’ve heard that I’m easy to get along with and make people comfortable around me.
9. When are you the most inspired? When among creatives and female business owners.
10. Sweet or savory? Savoury.
11. What song can you listen to on repeat? Carry Me Home - Jorja Smith, Maverick Sabre.
12. What makes you smile the most? My friends.
13. What’s one thing people don’t know about you? I am as much interested in ancient and contemporary political philosophy as “lowbrow” pop culture entertainment, which I hope makes me a well-rounded and non-judgemental person.
14. Heels or flats or sneakers? Flats, preferably boots.
15. Vintage or new? Vintage clothes (better quality and more sustainable) but mostly new other items.
16. What are the three things you can’t live without? Family, friends, a good podcast.
17. Window or aisle seat? Definitely window.
18. What’s your current TV obsession? A Spanish show called ‘Velvet’ on Netflix.
19. Leather or lace? Leather.
20. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life?
21. How would you define yourself in three words? Creative, passionate, non-judgmental.
22. What’s your current favorite piece of clothing that you own? A dress that reminds me of soaking up the sun with friends.
23. What’s a must-have clothing item everyone should own? Chelsea boots.
24. What’s inspiring you in life right now? Female business owners and podcasts.
25. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve received? There’s plenty of room at the top.
26. What’s your pet peeve? People who aren’t gracious.
27. Diamonds or pearls? Pearls.
28. What’s something you notice about someone when you first meet them? How attentive or distracted they are.
29. What’s your biggest regret? Hmmmm… Nothing stands out….
30. What’s heavily played on your music playlist right now? As always, Leon Bridges.
31. What’s your favorite board game? UNO? Does that count as a board game?
32. What’s your guilty pleasure? At the moment - Emily in Paris.
33. What book did you most recently finish? The Circle by Dave Eggers.
34. What are you currently reading? Fiction: Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Non-Fiction: Atomic Habits by James Clear.
35. How do you start your day? Check my phone, writing a list, getting ready/changed, then starting work.
36. What’s your favorite holiday? Halloween.
37. If you could raid one woman’s closet who would it be? Zendaya Coleman's.
38. If you could switch lives with one person for a day who would it be? Lupita Nyong’o.
39. What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to try but you’ve been too scared to do? Scuba diving or Surfing - I have a fear of drowning.
40. What’s the one thing you wish you knew at age 19? How to listen to myself.
41. Besides your phone or wallet, what’s a couple of must-have purse items? Hand sanitiser and mask.
42. If you were not a business owner/postgraduate student, what would you be doing? Working in Politics, TV/Film Production or Communications.
43. What’s something you can’t do? Draw
44. Where was the best vacation you’ve ever taken? Visiting my motherland, Kenya.
45. What’s one city you’ve always dreamed of traveling to? New Orleans.
46. What’s something you always travel with? Sandals/flip flops/sliders.
47. Favorite food? Mac and cheese.
48. Favorite dessert? Sticky Toffee Pudding.
49. Favorite snack? Jaffa Cakes.
50. What’s a movie that made you cry? I Am Sam
51. What’s your favorite movie of the last five years? Call Me By Your Name
52. What’s the one talent you wish you had? Singing.
53. What’s your favorite exercise? Circuit Training.
54. What’s your favorite band? I don’t really listen to many bands so I’ll go with Anderson .Paak and the Free Nationals,
55. What’s your favorite fast food order? I rarely eat fast food but the last I ordered was a Chinese Takeaway.
56. What’s something you don’t want to be doing in 10 years? Living with regrets.
57. What’s the cutest thing on planet earth? Baby elephants
58. What’s the best thing that happened this year? Getting to spend more time with my family and friends over the summer.
59. What’s your favorite cocktail? A negroni.
60. Which movie makes you laugh the hardest? 22 Jump Street or We’re the Millers.
61. What do you usually eat for dinner? A load of veg and either past or potatoes.
62. What do you usually eat for lunch? Scrambled egg on a bagel with spring onions.
63. What do you usually eat for breakfast? Overnight oats.
64. What’s your favorite thing in the world? Spending time with family and friends over good food.
65. What’s your favorite color? Forest green.
66. What color clothing do you wear most? Black or red.
67. What are three words to describe living up North? Friendly, rainy, welcoming.
68. Do you like surprises? Yeah - why not!
69. What’s one thing you had to learn the hard way? The only thing that’s stopping you from your goals is yourself.
70. What’s something you’re tired of? Online hate.
71. Who do you turn to when you’re sad? Speak to my family.
72. What’s a trend you would like to see disappear forever? Inauthenticity online.
73. What did you want to do with your life at age 12? Be a journalist or film director.
Well I hope this has taught you a little bit about me. There's a comment section below so feel free to ask me any more questions - or answer any of them for yourself.